<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/8250801714284395943?origin\x3dhttp://friendz-n-family.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
 
.Friday, January 23, 2009 ; 10:26 PM -
Each day is special and  unique .

So, this is probably the last post(before CNY) that's going to be purely words. After CNY, the posts will have at least a picture in each of them =)
This post has 3 separate events. First part is about the Chinese New Year performance in school, from 11.45am to 12.45pm. Second part is about my taekwondo sparring selection. Third part is about the homework I have been given that is due next week on Wednesday(after CNY holidays).

Okay. The performance was quite good, because of the view I had while seated right in front of the stage. First 2 performances were chinese songs sung by the upper sec cohorts. First song had 3 singers, Wilfred, Jacob and for the third guy, I forgot his name >.< Not bad their singing, really. I liked the song and the lyrics, but couldn't comprehend the meaning of the song though, due to my poor standard in Mandarin. 3rd performance was a script by Shu Shan and Joanne, both from class 4e1. However though, Joanne forgot 2 separate lines in the whole script, and everyone was booing and saying like "OMG!" those comments. haha. If I'm not wrong(correct me if i'm really mistaken), Shu Shan told Joanne what the words she forgot were, and helped Joanne get back on track. Nice one though, with acts including Principal Mr Surin, Disciplinary Master Mr Gng, and Mr Joo(did i spell wrongly?) apparently "scolding" students for bad behaviour. Hilarious!!

Done with CNY stuff. Now about Taekwondo. Ask me personally if you're curious about the taekwondo school I'm in, when I joined, my belt level and whether I'm interested in the sport or not.
I had 5 sparring sessions with 5 different people, 2 of which are green belts, 1 blue tip, 1 red belt and the last one a black belt. The 2 green belts were fairly easy, though they were bigger than me in size and mass. The blue tip, my cousin's friend, was much tougher. He's kicks are powerful, but his speed is slow. For blocking, he's the only one who was able to hurt me. The other 4 didn't hurt me when I blocked with my arms. For some reason, the strength inside me remained and I just couldn't execute hard kicks, and almost lost. For added info, I wasn't wearing ANY protections at all. No leg guard, arm guard, etc. But then again, I don't consider myself very tough as compared to others. For the red belt, this time, he's speed, not power. So I had to change my style of attacking. Despite this, I didn't manage to land a kick on him as he was just too fast. Before I could attack, he landed 1 and a half kicks on me, while I blocked both kicks. Good friend he is. Handsome on too. (He's from Norway, fyi :D) For the last black belt, I remember him. I was a green belt when he was a blue belt. Unfortunately for him, he had to spar with me, the Norwegian and the blue tip. I went first. He's quite slow though, but his techniques are good. As I was kinda exhausted and slightly injured, I couldn't get any strength in my kicks, just speed. Good fight too. We'll see whether I'm selected in the competition team or not :O

Lastly, HOMEWORK. That dreadful word, as you all know. English, Maths, F&N and Chinese are the homeworks. For English, it's a Comprehension + HOLIDAY homework of 12 articles, 12 reflections and 60 vocabulary words(5 words per article). For Maths, it's Holiday homework, which is 2 worksheets. For F&N, it's a workbook of 2 pages to be completed. For Chinese, it's a composition(Not revealing the title). Alright, I shan't elaborate much about any of the homework that I have.

By the way, please leave any feedback you have about this blog as I know there are loads of things to be improved on. I need to know what you readers think! Also, help link this blog URL to your blog(if u have one) so that others can view my blog when they view yours! Win-win situation, hehe.

Thanks and HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR!






Me;Y

About Yourself Here.

Desires~

*Ace in English, E. Maths, A. Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Geography, F&N and Social Studies at 'O' Levels *Getting a much better desktop computer

Make Some Noise!




Music On The Go!


Blog