<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://draft.blogger.com/navbar/8250801714284395943?origin\x3dhttp://friendz-n-family.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
 
.Friday, April 10, 2009 ; 11:11 AM -
Each day is special and  unique .

Since today, 10th April 2009, is Good Friday, I'll touch on the topic of Happiness.

Consider the Chinese saying, "If you want happiness for an h our - take a nap. If you want happiness for a day - go fishing. If you want happiness for a year - inherit a fortune. If you want happiness for a lifetime - help someone else."

This implies that happiness can be experienced and embraced in both transient and sustainable forms, and that happiness is a state of mind that resides deep within us.

A story is told about a man who saw a psychologist and said to him: "Doctor, I always feel depressed. No matter what I do, I still feel depressed and just don't know what to do."

The psychologist pointed outside and said: "There is a clown in particular who is extremely funny. He will make you rock with laughter over and over again. Go and watch that clown and I guarantee you will not have any reason to be depressed again!"

The man turned to the psychologist with sad eyes and said: "Doctor, I am that clown!"
An important poem to note: "Today is the tomorrow that I worried about yesterday. And today was such a lovely day. That I wondered why I worried about today yesterday. So today I am not going to worry about tomorrow. There may not be a tomorrow anyway. So today I am going to live as if there is no tomorrow. And I am going to forget about yesterday."

Happiness does not necessarily have to come from striving for something we don't have. It can come from recognising and appreciating what we do.

Ok, this doesn't mean that I'm teaching you how to be happy, just that I found this kinda useful for those who have not been happy for quite a while already. Today's Good Friday, and I may be well at home doing my own stuff, letting the weekened slowly come into play. It ends here =)






Me;Y

About Yourself Here.

Desires~

*Ace in English, E. Maths, A. Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Geography, F&N and Social Studies at 'O' Levels *Getting a much better desktop computer

Make Some Noise!




Music On The Go!


Blog