.Saturday, October 17, 2009 ;
11:41 AM
-
Each day is special and unique .
Hey people! I'm back. Sorry for the long inactivity. Was pretty lazy to update this site :X
Anyways, exams are over and it's been party time for quite a while already. Simply because my school's exams ended much earlier than most other schools, we have a longer period for relaxing :D
For the exam results, here they are:
English:
Paper 1 --> Composition - 25/30
Letter Writing - 28/30
Paper 2 --> Cloze Passage, Comprehensions, Summary Writing - 57/80
Mathematics:
Elementary --> Paper 1 - 28/60
Paper 2 - 28/60 (Total 56/120)
Additional --> 51/70
Combined Science:
Physics - 40/50
Chemistry - 36/50 (Total 76/100)
Chinese:
Paper1 --> Composition - 10/50
Letter Writing - 0/20
Paper 2 --> Cloze Passage, Comprehensions - 18/60
Combined Humanities:
Geography - 26/50
Social Studies - 23/50
Craft & Technology:
Food & Nutrition - 22/100
I'm VERY pleased with the English results, especially for Paper 1. My very first time scoring such colourful marks! Yeah! :)
On the other hand, I'm a little dissatisfied with my E.Maths result, with both papers being 28/60. True, Paper 2 was difficult and the difficulty was enhanced when the paper was being held on the same day as Chemistry which was thought to be difficult as well. However, Paper 1 was much easier but somehow I still scored 28. Possibly because the papers are Express standard and I'm not used to it. Not too sure why, but I'll work harder next year.
For the rest of the papers, I'm fine with the results. The main outcome is: My WHOLE class has successfully been promoted to 4N1 next year, together with the major slacker Koon Chew, who probably got lucky.
Several other things have happened, with the Tribute To Michael Jackson performed by famous impersonator Edward Moss at Changi Airport Terminal 3 Departure Hal 11 from 2 - 7th October @ 7 - 8pm and Hai Sing's Student Leaders Investiture 2009.
First, the tribute to Michael Jackson. Edward Moss performed 3 - 4 of Michael's songs, including Billie Jean, and did a wonderful job. His moonwalk was excellent as well. I only went on the 5th and 6th October as I didn't manage to attend it on the other days. Though Edward still has several moves and dances to improve on, he's still the most sought-after person right now after Michael's death. People are even willing to pay him hundreds of dollars just to catch Edward perform some of Michael's favourite songs. I posted a video on one of Edward's dances on Facebook. Check it out :)
Next, the investiture. Well, I admit I didn't have much participation in it, but I'm happy for all those who had the chance to wear the Blazer and the pair of shoes as well as the Sec 4E/5N Graduating Classes. They were in high spirits throughout the occasion and the atmosphere was healthy. Up next for them are the upcoming national exams, the GCE 'O' Levels, which they are all being pressured to do well in.
Besides all these, there was also the school's museum excursion and the Games Day held on the 15th and 16th October respectively.
The excursion was to a museum of coins and notes, with all the histories of currencies in Singapore and other countries in the region. We were taught about how the different series of money were used and are obsolete now, and how the money is being circulated around Singapore. Also, we were shown how coins were being made and the type of materials used to make the coins. It was quite a fun trip and we did enjoy ourselves a lot.
The Games Day was an interesting activity as well, although it was dampened by the fact that many girls did not turn up in school that day. The class played soccer, basketball, dodgeball and cycling on a stationary machine in competition with other selected classes. We couldn't play floorball because when it was our turn, a sudden heavy downpour coincidentally fell and the activity was being cancelled for us and those after us. Though it isn't well organised, everyone had a fair share of entertainment and exciting periods of time.
Well, this is a main summary of what occurred during the 2-week period which I wasn't posting on this blog. Sorry for it being dry, as I didn't take many pictures and/or videos to be uploaded. Hope you enjoyed reading this. Cheers! :D