<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/8250801714284395943?origin\x3dhttp://friendz-n-family.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
 
.Sunday, January 31, 2010 ; 4:13 PM -
Each day is special and  unique .

Hey people! I'm finally back from a month and a week of being MIA. My apologies. Haha. Nope, this blog isn't dead. Just haven't found time, mood and motivation to update it, that's all. The first of 2010 and the last day of January. Ah, how time really flies by quickly! Well, just so you know, dozens of things have occurred from my last post till today.

The biggest of them all is my Europe holiday, but I'm definitely not gonna type out every single specific detail of the trip. Basically, the places I traveled to were Germany, Switzerland, France, Paris and Dubai within 11 days, +/- Time Zone differences. I'll only be elaborating on Switzerland, Paris and Dubai though, since Germany was only for a few hours and France, for a night.

Well, I can only say that Switzerland's the best place of the 4 places I went to. One particular village in Switzerland, called Interlaken (pronounced inter-lah-kern) , that my tour group visited was extremely cool! The people there, very friendly and the mountain view was a sight that couldn't be imagined easily. Not trying to make you guys jealous but really, one-of-a-kind views. Similar landscapes could be seen in China or other seasonal countries, but this is really the best ever. A few photos to show you:




Yep, the scenery is beautiful. Really great and worth the money! :D

Next, PARIS. Especially the eiffel tower and a wonderful museum. WAHAHAHA!

In the day, the Eiffel Tower towers above almost everything and it's massive height and awesome infrastructure was really very cool. 2 few pics of it:





And note, this was only in the day. At night, the Eiffel Tower is like some magnificent structure, standing out from all other buildings. Hahaha! Here goes:






Lastly, the pics at the base, on the 2nd floor of the tower and the view from the 2nd floor :) (3rd floor is out of bounds to tourists) and not in order:
















Ah! Okay, one final tourist attraction of Paris: THE BIGGEST SHOPPING MALL IN EUROPE. The name of it is... *drum rolls*

3...

2...

1...

GALERIES LAFAYETTE.

galeries_lafayette_paris.jpg (JPEG Image, 648x364 pixels)

Yes, it is THAT big. Not in terms of how many floors there are, but it's how big each floor is. 3 buildings altogether. I forgot the number of floors for each, but I know the main building is 7 floors and one of the other 2 buildings is 4 floors. Compared to ViVoCity, it's probably about 1.5times bigger? Yeah, that's how big it is.

Okay! Out of Europe and moving on towards the Dubai, which is situated in the United Arab Emirates, or the UAE. Only there for 2 days. The 3rd day was the 3 flights to Sg le.

Okay. 1st day in Dubai - SHOPPING. Yup, the biggest mall in the UAE, the Mall Of Dubai. Now, comparing this to Galeries Lafayette, Mall Of Dubai is probably the same size as it. One thing MOD has which most malls around the world don't have, is - there's a huge AQUARIUM in MOD. Yes, right in the center of the mall is the aquarium. Sharks, ordinary fishes, stingrays, you name it, all there. And the shopping is fantastic. There's an e-Directory on every floor that shows you where every single one of the 1200++ shops in the mall are located at, be it G, 1st, 2nd or 3rd floors. G refers to Ground floor. They don't call it the 1st floor, apparently.

Besides that, the hotel where we stayed is fabulous as well. Called Downtown Holiday Inn, it's, if I'm not wrong, a 4-star hotel. Quality of almost everything is great, and instead of most hotels which have the cafe/restaurant at the 1st floor, the cafeteria in this hotel is at the topmost floor. Haha. Interesting eh :P

Okay. Done for the Eruope holiday trip. Long post eh? Well, it's just the beginning. Still have loads to get through to.

Next, SEC 4 COHORT EXPERIENTIAL CAMP TO BATAM, INDONESIA. Yeah! The 3-day-2-night camp that the entire Secondary 4(minus a few students here and there) of Hai Sing Catholic School went for. For those whose CCAs are the Uniformed Groups(like mine :D), it was the 2nd time we were there. For others, well, it's their first. Haha.

Main highlights of this camp were the mud baths, visit to the orphanage and the fireworks on the final night. Pictures to be seen on Facebook, as I only utilised my phone camera function for the fireworks :)

Mud bath, the same that the UGs experienced. Orphanage, well, a different one. This time, my class played basketball with the older ones there. Their methods of playing and tactics were quite new to us, so we didn't know how to counter their moves. Good lesson for the complacent ones as well. Haha!

Lastly, the fireworks. I'll upload the video. Here:




Next up, something that occurred about 2 weeks ago, and might seem as lame or boring to some of you. Well, there was a pair of twin moths that appeared on my dad's car window as he drove me to school as usual. And the moths were on my window area, not his. Yeah, I was fascinated by them. I mean, I usually see 1 big moth that flies around like a bat. But this time, these 2 moths were identical and quite small in size. Very cute. It was only until my dad reached the highway that they finally fell off the car due to the wind speed. Very rare sight for me. Haha.

Five more things to update on, 3 of which involving one of my friends and I.
1st: Handphone
2nd: File
3rd: Water cooler

You may be wondering, what the hell do these 3 things represent. Well, the way they were being used were hilarious, especially the handphone one.

Firstly, as some of you may know, both of us use the same grey-coloured Sony Ericssoon W595 handphone. On that day, well, I was listening to the radio on my phone through the earpiece. Placed my phone UNDERNEATH my table and enjoyed the songs being played. THEN, unknowingly, he put HIS phone ON my table and we were talking to each other as well. A few seconds later, when the radio was playing a song I didn't fancy and I wanted to change to my MP3 songs, I picked up the phone ON the table and pushed the slider out. The 1st few things that came to my mind immediately were:
1. WHERE was the music coming from?!
2. WHERE is my earpice?!
3. WHY isn't there any song being played on THAT phone?!

To OUR surprises, that phone was his and I picked his up thinking it was mine and tried to change songs. Yeah, we both laughed like mad and some of our classmates thought we were crazy. But really, if anyone else was in that situation, he/she would be bursting out in laughter as well.

Next, the file and water cooler incidents. These 2, not as funny as the phone one but still, comical. As he's in the D&T and his "innovative" mind always works, he's always trying to find things and putting them to use. So there's this cardboard box which he folded and put it the middle of our tables. And D&T students are provided with this file for their materials to be put in. Well, he wanted to put his file into the cardboard box and a plastic file on my table just slipped from my hand and placed perfectly into his box. Yeah, laughing like mad again. To some, this may be lame though >.<

Same thing for the water cooler incident. It was in the canteen during recess time. We were going up to class together. I told him I wanted to have some water at the water cooler and went our separate ways. So I took a few big steps and did my drinking. After that, I walked away and saw him chatting with 2 of my classmates. Apparently to him, he had NO idea I was right behind him and I was there, waiting for him to finish his conversation. Suddenly he finished talking and just turned around with shock to see me waiting for him and subsequently, he told me he was waiting for me to walk to the water cooler and was wondering why I took so long. Same here, mad laughter. Lols.

Next up, Jurizal's memorable BIRTHDAY BASH! Hell yeah. He got thrown into the school's recycling bin on his birthday, 28/1/10, this Thursday. Those who carried him were Syah, Hud and Amzar, and Syah and Nazera poured powder on him while other onlookers splashed some water on him. Really funny prank. Given his weight, it wasn't very difficult for those 3 to lift him up and throw him in. Hahaha! After that, those whose birthdays that would fall on weekdays were sure to be paranoid already, that they'd face the same prank. It's hard to say whether or not they'll be thrown in or have another prank played on them. Haha!

Lastly, I'm glad to have my ENTIRE handphone slider replaced today, on 31st Jan 2010! Haha. Yes, I mean it. Completely REPLACED :D Now the phone is as good as new, with frictionless sliding. Hahaha! Yeah, may seem childish to some, but I'm very very happy to have it for free, instead of being charged S$47.10 for the slider :D

Okies. This is all from end-Dec to the whole of Jan. My next post would be on 6th Feb or 8th Feb. Why? You'll know next week! :D

Bye bye to January, and let's all welcome February with open hands and an open mind! Hahahahaha!! :D










Me;Y

About Yourself Here.

Desires~

*Ace in English, E. Maths, A. Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Geography, F&N and Social Studies at 'O' Levels *Getting a much better desktop computer

Make Some Noise!




Music On The Go!


Blog