<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/8250801714284395943?origin\x3dhttp://friendz-n-family.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
 
.Monday, March 15, 2010 ; 10:04 PM -
Each day is special and  unique .

Okay, people! I'm finally back after a month and a week-long of inactivity. I admit I was too lazy to update this blog even though there are MANY things to update on. Haha.

Table of contents(most outdated to most updated):
1) Chinese New Year
2) An incident concerning my wallet
3) A friend's movie outing
4) Paramore concert
5) Chemistry teacher incident; comparing with tuition teacher
6) Taxi at midnight
7) Adam Lambert Autograph Session
8) IT Show 2010 (14/03/10)
9) Friend's birthday party
10) 2010 Formula One Season: Bahrain Grand Prix

Yeah, 9 topics for me to update on, in this single post.

Firstly, the CNY period. Okay, this is the oldest event in this post, so it'll be the least elaborated on. Visited my cousins and relatives as usual. Driven here, there, everywhere. Played Blackjack, watched DVD movies, had our fun together in a gathering. Hahaha. Definitely can't wait for next year's CNY! :D

Secondly, there was this incident in school that happened to my wallet. Nothing else. ONLY my wallet. Well, I simply placed my wallet on my table and had lesson as usual. After the lesson, we were told to collect the worksheets and submit it to the teacher. I then left my table and went over to hand in my work. When I returned, I realized my wallet was missing.

My natural reaction was then to ask my classmate, Leon, who was sitting beside me, and he said he had no clue and no idea where it had gone to as he wasn't paying attention to it. At first, I was calm, thinking it was some prank one of the other classmates did to me. So I checked under the tables of those who were nearest to me. No results. Asked around, nobody knew. Still, I remained calm. It HAD to be somewhere, couldn't have disappeared.

Finally, I went to the guy sitting behind me and looked underneath his table. That was about 30 seconds. After that, satisfied that it wasn't there, I returned to my table and BOOM! There it was. My wallet sitting right there, where I left it. I asked Leon and he, too, was shocked.

So yeah, up till now, I have NO idea where my wallet had vanished in that 2 - 3 minutes of time. No conclusion, nothing. I can only say that it just wasn't within our sight. Creepy eh~~

Thirdly, a movie outing with my classmates. Well, there's this guy who has been borrowing small amounts of cash every few weeks from some of my classmates since lower secondary, and well, he decided to repay us all that he owed at one shot: Free movie tickets. Furthermore, in 3D. All the "debts" cleared at once. Hahaha! And yes, if you had guessed correctly, it is ALICE IN WONDERLAND IN 3D at E!hub.

After the movie, 7 of us went down to Pastamania where I watched them have their dinners which was spaghetti. Some had cream sauce, others had bolognaise sauce in their pasta dishes.
I didn't eat with them as I wasn't hungry as I had eaten a hotdog during the movie. After that, Leon joined us for a short while and we chatted a little. After that, he went back into the mall's arcade to continue playing his Jubeat game. Link for the game: http://www.konami.jp/bemani/jubeat/ripples/

Dinner over for them. 5 of them decided to go home, while I decided to stay with one of them while he went to look for his other friends. We walked from downtown east all the way until Pasir Ris Park. Somewhere near the "end" of the park, marked by a hut. Watched them play, talk, have fun for about 10 minutes before I left and asked Leon where he was. He said he was going off soon, and I told him to meet me at Mac. Another 10 minutes later, met him at Mac. It was around 9pm. We bought our burgers and had our dinner there. After that, we went home in our separate ways.

Fourthly. YES! The PARAMORE CONCERT! :D It was on the 7th March 2010 at the Singapore Indoor Stadium. I've the ticket with me, but didn't take a picture of it. Therefore, it may not be appearing on his blog. I went there with Wee Chin, as he's a Paramore fanatic as well. Haha. We enjoyed ourselves there, THOROUGHLY! Paid $68 for Terrace seats but we ended up in the $88 Balcony area in the end. Hahahaha! Damn cool, jumping and rocking to the vocals of Hayley Williams, the lead singer of the band! Songs like Ignorance, CrushCrushCrush, Let The Flames Began, The Only Exception and Brick By Boring Brick were played. Damn cool, damn shiok, AWESOME. Hahaha! My bro and his girlf went too, but they were at the Standing Pen. Bought their tickets early, I suppose.

Fifthly(is there such a word in the first place? LOL), the chemistry teacher for my class. Well, there was this worksheet we were supposed to do, and I had already completed it as I knew what the topic was about. So I pretended to be asleep by resting my head on the table.

Teacher came over and said, "Where's your worksheet?"
Me: " In my bag."
Teacher: "Take it out."
*Takes worksheet out*
Teacher: "Do your work now."
*Flips over the page to where the blanks are*
*Finds all the blanks are filled. All questions completed*
*Teacher puts worksheet on the table, calmly turns around and walks away*

And I'm there silently laughing to myself as to how she embarrassed herself. LOL. Yes, at that very moment, this was freaking hilarious. Really. Hahahahah!

Also, as compared to my Science tuition teacher who teaches Physics and Chemistry, this school teacher is down down down down down, like totally.

Ratio of teaching skill = Tuition teacher : School teacher
5 : 1

Yeah. It's not that the tuition teacher is MUCH better, even though she is good indeed. It's just that this school teacher doesn't bother about her students' opinions on the way she teaches. Pitiful.

Sixthly, taxi at midnight. You may be wondering. Hmm, why suddenly have this random topic? Well, that's because my 2 cousins and I were watching Being Human the movie on Friday night, 12th March at Plaza Sing. We were supposed to catch the 9pm screening, but forgot to remind the oldest of us, 18 yrs old, to book the tickets online. So they went to the box office and found out that only the front rows were available. That was when we decided to catch it at 9.40pm instead.

To kill time, we played at the Star Factory arcade for a while before going to ZoneX Arcade at Dhoby Ghaut MRT station to see what games were available and watch other people playing their games.

Well, the movie was quite humorous, with 2 parts of the movie where we thought there were abrupt ends. One was kinda awkward, the other predictable. A few conversations spoken in hokkien, and most were in Mandarin. There are definitely subtitles in the movie. Haha.

After that, movie ended at 11.35pm. We made our way down to the taxi stand, saw that there weren't many taxis in the area and kept walking a few streets. Went past YMCA building, past SMU building, until we were in an unknown open area, and managed to flag down a cab at 11.55pm So the nearest home among us was Chinatown. Headed there .$7.30 already. Next was in Eunos. About $16, I think. And finally, mine at Simei. Went up to $27.70.

So yeah, my first midnight taxi experience with cousins. Haha!

Seventhly, 2009 American Idol runner-up, the famous ADAM LAMBERT! Yeah, he made an appearance last Saturday, 13th March, at Bugis Junction. At the fountain area. There were about 1000 fans, +/- a few here and there. And the rain on that day didn't dampen the excitement. Haha! The only disadvantage was that those carrying big umbrellas blocked the view of those trying to catch a glimpse of their idol. Without his eyeliner and whatever makeup he normally wears, he looks just like any other ordinary guy, with a baby face. Haha! And Justin Ang from 987FM was the speaker for Adam, and he made Adam promise that he would be back to perform a full-stage concert soon! Well, how soon will that be? We'll find out... in time :)

Eightly, the much-anticipated, long-awaited IT SHOW 2010. 11th to 14th March at Suntec City Convention Centre. My thurs, fri and sat were busy, so I went there on Sun with Leon and Zhong Han who had just returned from his 2D1N NPCC Camp. I bought a thumbdrive, USB cable port, a 4-in-1 USB, Card reader, memory stick reader, etc device and a shooting game for $20(50% discount from the original $40 price) :D Alright. Spent about 1.5 hrs there. Haha. Damn cool gadgets, new technology and especially the new Sony 3D Television set. Many things are now far cheaper, and even a 2Terabyte hard disk drive(HDD), equivalent to 2000GB, cost about $400 only. Yeah! That's how fast the IT Industry is moving. The pace. Amazing.

Okay. This ninth one was right after the eight one. After the IT Show, the 3 of us went to Aloha Loyang's bungalow at Pasir Ris to celebrate the birthdays of a classmate, Basyirah, and her cousin, Amriyatul, which was coincidentally my primary school classmate! Haha. It was a great party, had loads of fun, made new friends with Amri's girlfriends from TKGS. The icebreaker game really helped me open up and socialise with others a lot, regardless of gender. Hahaha!

And AFTER this party, 7 of us walked all the way from the bungalow to E!hub, though Pasir Ris Park. The long walk was made shorter as we talked along, made jokes and took videos from our camera phones of each other, in dark! Haha. Damn cool, really! The 7 of us were Nico, Leon, Hud, Eddy, Arnold, Hui Lian, Emelda and I. We thought of watching a late-night movie at E!hub. However, there weren't any screenings of any movie between 10pm and 11pm, and we reached E!hub at about 10.15pm.

So Arnold, Leon and I went to watch Transformers 2 at Nico's house. Emelda left us at the downtown east bus stop as she headed home. Hui Lian then went off as well, as her house was in the route to Nico's house. When we alighted, Eddy and Hud decided that they had to go home as their parents didn't allow them to stay too late, and they didn't have much money to take a taxi at midnight, when public transport ends.

Okay. So we watched Transformers until 1.30am. Nico stayed at his house, obviously, and the 3 of us went back towards 7-Eleven area to take a taxi. I then left them from there, as my home was very near. Still, I took a cab as I was lazy to walk the long distance and it'd be much later in the night when I reached home by walking. $5.10 for a 5-minute trip. Okay lah :)

Last but not least, TENTH! Okay. Yeah, the inaugural 2010 Formula One Season-Opener: Bahrain Grand Prix!! I didn't manage to watch the race as I reached home too late on Sunday night. Haha. Well, Fernando Alonso of Ferrari won the race, as seen from here: http://www.formula1.com/results/season/2010/824/ Massa was runner-up, Hamilton was third and Vettel managed to get to fourth. The returning legend, 7-time world champion Michael Schumacher who emerged from his 3-year retirement got to a 6th place in the final score.

Okay. I'm tired from all this typing.... AND, yups. You've reached the end of my post! Hahaha, wow! I must thank you so much if you had actually bothered to read from the start to the bottom. Haha! It really is a long post.

I'll try to get the next update by the end of this week-long holiday. I will try! Till then. Cya! Have a great holiday!!! :D






Me;Y

About Yourself Here.

Desires~

*Ace in English, E. Maths, A. Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Geography, F&N and Social Studies at 'O' Levels *Getting a much better desktop computer

Make Some Noise!




Music On The Go!


Blog