.Sunday, June 27, 2010 ;
6:40 PM
-
Each day is special and unique .
Hey people! Yes, it's me and I AM back! Yup, final day of the June holidays 2010.
Even though it's supposed to be a month, it feels damn short, doesn't it? Especially for the Sec 4s and 5s. Sigh. N levels this, N levels that. O levels too. I'll keep this short and sweet now, really.
Contents:
1. Sec 4/5 Block booking
2. Class BBQ on 11th June @ River Vale condo from 7pm - 11pm
3. World Cup fever.
4. The Karate Kid
5. First time visiting Malaysia: Trip to Johor
6. Prefects Camp
7. Toy Story 3 in 3D
8. Taekwondo: Black Belt grading
Okay. So yups, Hai Sing Catholic had a 2-week intensive studying schedule for the Sec 4/5 students. Not exactly 2 whole weeks of the holidays. Began on a Wednesday of the first week. Yeah. Very boring, I must say. But the good thing is that the day ends early (:
Next, class BBQ. The whole class didn't turn up. Probably only 30, at most. Several friends from 4N2 and Jinglong from 3N2 turned up as well. Quite a fun party actually. Haha! Didn't eat much though. Highlight of it was the opening of the World Cup in the match between hosts South Africa and Mexico! 1 - 1 draw for them.
Continued from above, the World Cup fever is basically EVERYWHERE. In school, at offices, at coffee shops, on the Internet, everywhere. People are talking about each and every match. However, good teams with high hopes such as France and Italy, well, did not put up a good fight with the other competing nations. They fell out of the World Cup quite early. Probably not on form or overly-stressed. I don't know =)
Fourthly, the movie THE KARATE KID! Yes, the one starring Jackie Chan and Jaden Smith, who is also the kid who collaborated with Justin Bieber in his latest song NEVER SAY NEVER. The 2-hour 20-minute duration for the movie was well worth every moment, every scene and definitely every penny. The way Jackie trained Jaden on how basics of fighting: blocking, avoiding and punching, were oh so cool! Not like the usual way of learning kungfu. Jackie went straight into the important fundamentals and built Jaden upon it.
Also, Jackie's famous sentence on the day of the Martial Art Championships. Rule is "You hit him, don't let him hit you." Simple rule, but the way he enunciated it, HILARIOUS. Hahaha!
Next up, my trip to Johor. Yup, it was the first time I visited Malaysia consciously. My actual first time is quite vivid, and it was when I was around 7 or 8 years old. Yup, that long ago. Well, went to Johor to enjoy their durians, walked around their shopping mall, learnt how Birds Nest was made at one of their factories and visited a goat farm. Really cool. About 12 hours spent there. Hahaha!
Up next, the PREFECT'S CAMP. This fabulous camp began at 7am on 21st June 2010, and ended at 5pm on 22nd June 2010. An excellent camp, I must say, especially when it's the first time the students are organising it, not adults from the infamous AGAPE company :D
The camp was great. Though not perfectly executed, we did our best to ensure everything went smoothly. I must admit though, there's something I have to say about Joelle. And Joelle, if you're reading this, pardon me please. Well, you need to be more decisive, alert and more organised than you were during the camp. One moment you're thinking of this, the next thing you know, it's totally a different idea already. Seriously, what the heck? If you're really troubled, share your thoughts with the other Sec 4s! Firman, Hud, Leon, Lucas, Cassandra, we all CAN help you and we WILL if we were aware of the plight you were in. Really, you need improvement on that. I've said my piece here. Moving on, the movie (NOT marathon) was cool eh? Remember The Titans. Hahaha!Also, the Blind Man Trail and the following day's Water Bomb game! Heheh. Thanks to Prabu, Leon and I for painstakingly taking time and effort to make those 80+ bombs just for you! Haha. Glad you all enjoyed it :D
Next, Toy Story in 3D. Watched it on Thursday, 2 days after the Prefects camp with Wee Chin, Jun Han and Darren. Yep, the movie was awesome indeed. Humour, romance, drama, all these important elements of ANY movie were wonderfully added it in, and spread out evenly. Easily a 4/5 for this movie. If the duration had been a little longer and more details were elaborated upon, it could have been a 5/5. Haha!
Lastly, taekwondo black belt grading. Internal grading was this Friday, 25th June at 8pm. 2 more practices will be next Wednesday and Friday, 30th June and 2nd July respectively, before the actual grading on 3rd July 2010, 1pm at Yishun Sports Hall. I'm excited and nervous about it. Excited because I can finally take the grading after failing the first one and missed the next 3 over 365 days. Nervous because I've not really done much to improve my stretching. My kicks are only at stomach level, not at the neck or head level! Damnit. Intensive stretching would do for me on the 1st week of Term 3.
Finally, WELCOME to Semester 2 of the academic year 2010! Yup, Term 3 has begun for all Primary and Secondary school students. For tertiary students in Junior Colleges, Polytechnics or the Institute of Technical Education, I do not know about your schedules, sorry about that. Good luck and to all Sec 4s and 5s, let's work hard and study smartly for our GCE 'N' and 'O' Level Examinations in September and October! :D