.Saturday, July 31, 2010 ;
10:10 PM
-
Each day is special and unique .
Hi people! I'm back. As I promised, I'll write at LEAST one post per month, and here I am now! :D
Several things to update on, including Racial Harmony Day, Sec 4 Mission Seminar, Taekwondo Black Belt grading and result, 987FM birthday song request for Clive, celebrating 2 birthdays on 25/7, my Chinese N lvl Oral exam and lastly, the action movie, TEKKEN.
Okay. The Racial Harmony Day held on 19th July 2010 was a pretty cool day. And my class, 4N1 of Hai Sing Catholic School, had the ENTIRE class in ethnic clothes! How cool is that? Hahahaha! And our model, Mao Heng, did good in the upper sec Fusion Dress Competition, something which forces us to be creative and help a single person dress up in several ethnic clothes at once, and if possible, for both genders. Overall, everyone looked good and did really well. Haha.
For the Mission Seminar, which was held on 22nd July for the boys (21st for girls), it didn't seem as bad as we had expected, as heard some of the girls broken down during their session. The seminar is held by the Redemptorist Mission Team (RMT) from Novena Church. Lasting from 2 - 6pm, they touched mainly on the ways in which all the religions, namely Buddhism, Catholic, Christianity, Islam, Hindu, Taoism and Seikth reach God. They compared it to the ways in which students travel to school everyday, be it by bus, car, train, bicycle, on foot or from a lift by his/her parents. Pretty awesome, I must say (:
Next, my Taekwondo 1st Dan/Degree Black Belt grading held at Yishun Sports Hall on 3rd July. The grading was fun, at least for me, mainly because I had taken it before and also because I had participated in a National Sparring Competition at the same venue before. So I felt quite relaxed. Plus, my close friend, Jun Wei, was taking the test with me. And the result of the grading is...? YES! A definite, absolute pass! :D Now, I just have to receive the belt on 8th August at the Bugis branch of my taekwondo school. Can't wait to get it! Haha.
Moving forward, my birthday request to Clive through 987FM. It was Clive's birthday on 22nd July and I requested a song for him. It was Take It Off by Kesha ( : My favourite song from her. But the worst part is, Shan Wee, the DJ, thought I am a girl just because I requested that song! Omg, damn him. Immediately after hearing that, I sent another text to him telling him that I'm a guy and that I requested that song because I LOVED the song! LOL.
Next, 25th July 2010. The day I celebrated the birthday of both my real brother and my junior, Jiaqi from Sec 2N1. Well, it was a Sunday, and I spent most of the day with the junior instead of my sibling. I and about 9 others went to VivoCity to celebrate her 14th birthday, having lunch, playing at the TIMEZONE arcade and splashing about at a slightly-higher-than-ankle pool of water. In total, it was from 2pm to about 8pm. Quite fun and an enjoyable time for all of us.
After that, I had to rush to E!hub at Pasir Ris for my brother's birthday, held at New York, New York restaurant. Supposed to REACH at 7, but I arrived there at 8.45pm or so. I must admit that it was intentional. I just didn't feel like leaving my friends too early. So I left them at 8. Desperate to take a taxi, I just couldn't find one at VivoCity. I then took the train to Tanah Merah, hoping to get a taxi there. A queue was there, with no available taxis in sight for a while. Then, I was about to get back underground to the other side of the road hoping to get a taxi there when I saw one that pulled up and alighted 2 passengers at the bus stop. So I rushed to it, waited for them to get out, then I got in! YEAH! I "snatched" the taxi from the others at the stand. Hahaha! So yup, arrived just in time before my bro went to watch Inception with his girlfriend at 9.10pm.
Also, besides that, I managed to play with his new iPad, bought for him from my dad. Quite cool, espcially the Tap Tap game! :D
Next, my N-Level Chinese Oral examination on 30th July at 3.15pm. Boring, I must say. Couldn't read 2/3 of the words, and my pronunciation was rubbish. Conversation was quite hectic too. Had difficulty translating my thoughts from English to Mandarin. Guess I failed. Ah, whatever! (:
Lastly, my outing with Arnold, Darren, Eddy and Jun Han to Cathay Cineleisure TODAY to watch TEKKEN, an NC-16 action-packed movie. Used Jun Han's sister's NEEBO card to get the $2 concession, from $10 to $8, for a group of 4. Not only that, all of us were already 16 years of age, except for Eddy. So we had to exclude him in order to get the concession. Hahah. However, I made Eddy get into the queue beside ours so that after we bought our tickets, I could get into his queue to buy 1 ticket for him. And fortunately, for us, the cinema that the movie was being screened in had side columns with rows of 5. Perfect for us. Haha!
After that, I went with them over to SCAPE to see the 987FM studio. Yes, to see it REAL and in person. Really very cool. Could see the big logo, a computer with a long list of songs, 4 microphones, 2 unused, and a big desk. The studio has a glass wall covering it, and speakers were placed outside the studio to play music that the station was broadcasting. Really cool. Too bad that the time I was there, there weren't any DJs in the studio. So couldn't really see any "radio-ing" live in action >.<
Okay. this is the end for July. August will have another super long post, so stay tuned! :D