.Tuesday, August 31, 2010 ;
3:39 PM
-
Each day is special and unique .
Hey peeps! Yeah, it's exactly a month since my last post on 31st July. Haha. Apologies for the absence, since August has been a really busy month, with the examinations, Youth Olympic Games and my successful promotion to Black Belt in Taekwondo.Several things to update on.1) National Day (6/8 and actual on 9/8)2) Karaoke & dance party @ Aunt Christina's condo on 8/83) Friday the 13th4) YOG (fireworks, sports, medals, etc)5) 4NA Preliminary Examinations 2010 (16 - 17, 24 - 27 Aug)6) 3 movies within 24hrs (28 and 29 Aug)Firstly, yes. The National Day that occurred 3 weeks ago, or so. It was a real patriotic event. But, I guess I won't talk about it, since the excitement has probably disappeared already.Next, the karaoke and dance party. Aunt Christina was one of my dancing partners. Yeah, dancing Jive. Every Saturday, 7 - 8pm at Kg Kembangan Community Club. Well, her condo is about a 5-minute walk away from the CC. The dancing was great, and I had fun with her daughter, Priscilla, and her cousin, Desirae.It was a celebration for my cousin, Nick, who had his 18th birthday the day before. He danced along with another friend of ours, Joyce. Pretty cool. Haha. Then at the final hour, I sang several songs along Pris and Des, and at times, Nick, my bro and his gf as well. We sang Tik Tok, Poker Face, Paparazzi, Bad Romance, Love Story, I'm Yours and My Life Would Suck Without You.
Next, Friday the 13th. Yup, that 'dreadful' day to everyone. Basically, nothing much happened. Depending on the individual, it could be seen as either a very lucky day or an unlucky one. Haha. Nothing specially ominous happened (:
Next the YOG. Yeah, the Singapore 2010 inaugural Youth Olympic Games from 14th to 26th August. Singapore, the host nation, and our homeland, won 2 Silver Medals and 4 Bronze Medals. No Gold medals, unfortunately. Medals were from Taekwondo, Swimming, Table Tennis and Archery. SG did well, definitely. The athletes were housed in the Youth Olympic Village located within the premises of the Nanyang Technological University (NTU). Shall not elaborate much on this either, since it has all been extensively covered by the newspapers. Moving on...
PRELIMINARY EXAMINATIONS. Yes, that dreaded period of time for the graduating batches, including 4NAs. Yup, we graduate to 5NA, where we take on the same subjects but at the O-level standard instead :D
As above, the examinations took place on the 16 - 17 Aug, and continued from 24 - 27 Aug
First 2 days were languages. The following 4 days were the other subjects. So far, we've only gotten back our Social Studies component of the Comb. Humanities subject. And indeed, I failed. By ONE mark, 24/50 for it. Screwed up my SEQ, sigh... Really need to work on it!! Also looking forward to the other papers, especially English, A. Maths and Science :)
Lastly, my movie marathon on the 28th and 29th Aug.
The first movie was City Under Siege, which I watched with Jun Han from 4N2 at 4.20pm. Then later that day, at 11.40pm, I watched The Stool Pigeon with my parents. After that, the following day at 12.30pm, I watched Avatar 3D Special Edition with my dad And it ended at around 3.20pm. So yes, all within 24 hours. Not really considered a movie marathon, since the movie timings were evenly spread out, and not like an hour apart from each other. Hahaha. An enjoyable time anyway (:
Also, GOOD LUCK for all Sec 4NA students in Singapore for the N-Level examinations from 6th - 8th September. 6th is Chinese. 7th is Chinese LC and Social Studies, and 8th is English.
Updates for the month of September will be posted, but I shan't say when. To be continued :D