.Monday, November 15, 2010 ;
1:19 PM
-
Each day is special and unique .
Hey all. Yeah, I'm here again. Decided to post now because I've got nothing to do and because quite a number of things have happened already.
1. Alain Robert's ascent on Singapore Flyer on 5th Nov
2. Sebastian Vettel wins F1 World Championship
3. Looking for 5 guys and 5 girls to start a Salsa lesson during the holidays
Okay... that's about it.
So yup, for the meet-and-greet session with Alain Robert, I think I just had the right timing.
It all started on the day before, when I woke up early and read The New Paper. Flipped to a page and read that the first 30 readers that sent in an email containing their details would win a chance. So, seeing it was about 8am, I decided to try. 75% knowing I would seal my chance.
And yeah, I did. When I went there on the day itself, I saw the list and found my name on Number 2. LOL. Okay, cool. So after his climb, there were 2 sessions for him. The press conference for journalists and reporters, and another session for the TNP winners.
Well, "kiasu" as S'poreans are, I just rushed in WITH THE PRESS into the room unknowingly. Then they asked their questions, etc. So I remembered a question my dad wanted to ask, TOOK the microphone and asked in front of all the press. So umm, kinda shocking. Dad thought I was gonna get kicked out of it, but no, they just let me stay, thinking I was a journalist myself. Haha!
Probably because of my black shirt and the DSLR camera I was holding.
Then came the TNP session, and the event organiser was surprised to see me still there. At the end of it, she asked me how old I was and which press I was from. I said I'm 16 and from Hai Sing Catholic, and she went SHOCKED. Haha! She thought I was a journalist. LOL =D
And after that, she gave my dad her namecard and told me to look for her whenever I was free to have a job during the weekend in this holidays. Lolol. Cool ^^
Next up. So yeah, Sebastian Vettel, a 23-year-old German from Red Bull Racing Renault won the Formula One 2010 World Championship trophy. Yeah, the youngest ever champion. 5 months younger than previous youngest, Lewis Hamilton.
So umm, huge congratulations to him, definitely. Good car, good team, CRAZY driver. And also, CONSISTENCY.
Hope the McLaren cars get a huge improvement next year, with the re-introduction of the KERS system. Oh yeah! Looking forward to the 2011 season :)
Lastly, as this is the holidays and most of us would be free, my mom would like 10 of us, 5 guys and girls, to come together and start a Salsa class. It's a form of street dancing that is very enjoyable. And my efforts so far to find anyone has been futile, unfortunately. So I'm, in a way, desperate for people. It's 10 lessons, $10 each. An hour per lesson. If you're reading this and interested, contact me at 9322 0199 :) Thanks :D
ONE FINAL THING. Those who have yet to complete their GCE 'O' Level papers and those in JC2 taking their GCE 'A' Level papers, study hard and good luck for all of them!
Stay tuned :)