.Wednesday, December 29, 2010 ;
12:44 PM
-
Each day is special and unique .
Date: 29th December 2010
Time: 1pm
So, there's 59 hours left to 2011, and I've decided to post this now because there've been quite a lot of things going on this Dec for me.
First and foremost, the Singapore Toy, Games & Comics Convention, or STGCC. Held from 10 - 12 Dec at Suntec City, I went there with Lucas and Jiaqi to play games hosted by AsiaSoft, such as SuddenAttackSEA and AuditionSEA. Was really quite fun. Spent almost 3 hrs there. After that, they followed me to go my taekwondo school where I did my training while they slacked there and enjoyed the air-conditioning.
Secondly, the Prefects chalet. (13 - 14 Dec) A really FUN chalet. Yep, fun is the best 'f' word to describe it :D Played auditionsea, watched movies (The Naked Gun), went to Mac at 4am to watch soccer match between Arsenal and Man U. Went to see the sunrise at 6.30am at Pasir Ris Park at the breakwater. Then finally knocked out when back to the chalet, from 8am - 10.30am. Furthermore, the 4 remaining people; me, Lucas, Jia Qi and Wei Jian, still went to watch Hello Strangers at Tampines Mall that afternoon. Hahaha! FUN :D
Thirdly, my Class chalet (16 - 17 Dec). Another fun chalet, but with more hype! Yeah. We played music and games till 6am, when we finally knocked out till 7.30am or so when form teacher Ms. Leung returned. Those who stayed over: Me, Leon, Zhong Han, Hud, Emelda, Nico, Emzy, Dolyn, Koon Chew, Amalina and Latif. Those who left: Hui Lian, Zheng Yang, Eddy, Nicholas, Randy, Kai Jie. The rest didn't come, sadly. Had fun gaming throughout the night and watching Future X-Cops movie. HAHAHA! Hopefully can have another rocking one next year after Os :D
Fourth, the N level results (17 Dec). Attained 13 points for this with my EMB3. Even with a sixth subject, it would've been 17 points, still lower than the guideline of 19 points :D So um, i got TWO for English, E.Maths and F&N. THREE for Combined Science and FOUR for A. Maths and Combined Humanities. And of course, UNGRADED for Chinese. Nothing much to talk about, just that I've to work a lot harder for the O Levels next year!!
Fifth, the funeral of my first grandma (on mum's side). She passed away around 12.35am on Saturday morning, or the night of Friday. The funeral was held at Blk 13, Eunos Crescent. About 10 mins walk from Eunos MRT Station. So, it was quite a monotonous 5 days. Simply went there everyday and talked with cousins and relatives till midnight.
However, one thing I remembered is the taekwondo class that was conducted on the basketball court right beside the block. All I can say is, the training is SUCKISH. I mean, the instructor himself isn't even in his uniform. What the hell! Plus the students are all wearing the black uniform. The word 'black' means it's only for BLACK BELTS! But even the white belt kids were wearing it. Ironic much.
And instead of training for perfection and power, he trained them on speed instead. Sure, speed is good, but without proper execution of technique and power, they can't do much. I pity them, really. Probably from the Singapore Taekwondo Gymnasium, the other organisation besides the Singapore Taekwondo Federation.
Sixth, Christmas weekend. Okay, so I spent my Christmas rotting at home. Not that I don't celebrate because I'm not Christian, but because none of my cousins were having any parties that day. So yeah, just spent that day gaming. BUT, a friend of mine invited me to this family's Christmas party the day after. HELL YEAH! We ended up playing Kinect Hub on his Xbox 360 for nearly 4 hours. The first hour or so, we played dancing. I tried it for my first time, on Just Dance by Lady Gaga. Apparently the song is listed as 'Hardcore' on the song list, but I did it with 4 stars on Easy mode and unlocked the Medium mode (Y) After that, we played sports with his other friend and cousins. Played soccer, boxing, bowling and other fun activities. Really an enjoyable night :D
Seventh, Sentosa outing and grandma's 80th birthday (28 Dec). So, I went to Sentosa's Palawan Beach with Lucas, Wei Jian, Jiaqi, and some sec 1s, namely Mikee, Cyrilla, Jenny, Cassandra and Cherol. They played at the beach while I stood within the sandy area because I didn't want to get wet as I'd be having a dinner that night. Well, we buried Lucas in the sand. That was fun :D After that, slacked around on the beach for about an hour, eating chicken rice that cost a bomb of $5.20 when I could get it at my local coffeeshop at only $3 -.- Seriously, that's EXPENSIVE.
Next up, we decided to see what movie we could catch. I recommended Meet The Parents: Little Fockers (NC16)!! Even though only 3 of us were 16 and above, I believe we could sneak in with a little bit of research. Luckily, Jenny's phone could access the Internet. All others couldn't really do that. And nobody had an iPhone, so yeah.
We found Yogi Bear and Little Fockers to be 10 mins apart, and luckily the cinema halls are pretty near. Little Fockers was showing at cinema 4 while Yogi Bear, cinema 7. And the first row was empty, so the girls sat there while Wei Jian and I sat in the 2nd row. Lucas and Jiaqi sat on the seats of the tickets I bought with Wei Jian. Lmao.
Well, good experience for them. And it's somewhat similar to how I sneaked into an M18 movie screening at Plaza Sing. Hahaha! We shall try again another time! Hahaha :D
Well, that's about it for Dec so far. I'll probably update again on New Year's weekend.
So long people. I WISH YOU ALL A HAPPY NEW YEAR! :D
Psst. School starts soon, on 4th Jan. I'm gonna be a Sec 5! :D